Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Spray Paint - Hard it Ain't

OK, in my craftiness I have lost it.  I do know that ain't is not a word, but it rhymes with paint and I am from the South, so it is ok.  I know I have a friend or 2 that is probably wondering why in one day I am posting twice about crafts.  School is back in session from the cold weather spot.  I just guess my classes are a little boring and my creative outlet is crafting at the moment.  I am not complaining.  I am having fun.

Just a quick blurb about school.  I do love it.  I teach 5th grade science and math, but I am so tired of learning about ecosystems.  This unit needs to be over quickly.  Next is Earth Science - unit C.  My favorite!  My creative juices just flow.  Plate tectonics and the continental drift theory are taught with songs.  Tony Orlando and Dawn sing "Candida" and we change the words to Pangea.  Also, Johnny Cash and his "Ring of Fire"  just burns, burns, burns for plate tectonics.


Back to the painting I am supposed to show.  Again, I have copied from someone and I don't know who.  As I find crafts now I am keeping up with where I found them.  I want to give credit where it is due.  Pottery Barn had some cute silver candlesticks in their catalog. 
They also showed them on the matle looking all pretty.

So, the blogger I coppied from decided to make her own using old brass candle sticks and some silver spray paint.

I decided this was idiot proof and that I could do this and so I found my old brass candle sticks and the  spray paint and hopped to it.




The only hard part about this project was it was VERY COLD - 14 degrees - in Mississippi that is cold.  And the wind was blowing.    But they are very pretty now and I will be revamping the mantle very soon!

I kinda think they are pretty.

But I was bound and determined to complete a craft before going back to school.    While I was digging through old stuff I found this lovely item.


Then after a little paint it became something better.  I will have a great place for it soon.

I will link back to this when I finally get there.

Happy Crafting - Linking up to Domestically Speaking, Beyond the Piccket Fence, and Funky Junk Interiors.  All of these great blogger-ladies have wonderful ideas.  Thank you for inspiring me!

Beyond The Picket Fence  







Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialOh, and by the way this was totally FREE.  I already had the paint, the sticks, and the candles!

10 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to paint brass candlesticks for awhile now. This turned out great so I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE spray paint! They look fancy... Great job! Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them. I just recently done this same thing myself. I hate brass with a passion and now it's gawgeous brass. Hey, I'm southern too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    Secondly, brass is the WORST! I've spied so many pieces at the Goodwill but haven't gotten any yet - because I wasn't sure how the spraypainting would go. This gives me confidence, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I painted candle stick to, but I went shabby chic with tiffany blue, I love haw classic your look. You did a great job.
    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  6. What shiny beauties! I've got some candlesticks I need to paint too. Thanks for joining the Power of Paint Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great!! I am surprised the paint didn't freeze on the way to the candlestick from the can! lol

    I know it will look fab on your mantle!

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing is safe from a blogger with spray paint! Big improvement...nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. spray paint! ain't it wonderful! Great job.
    welcome to blogland!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job with the spray paint here! I love the look, and might copy your project. Thank you for sharing, and stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete