Friday, January 15, 2010

Things That Make you go Hmmmmm

Random observations and useless trivia alert.

1.  Bounty is not the "quicker picker upper".  This has been scientifically tested and the results were displayed by one of my 5th graders.  Actually Sparkle was the best.



2.  If you put glow sticks in the freezer, their glow will last longer.  Another bright student.  I love puns.

  3.  Why is the Red Box movie kiosk at Wal-Mart blue?

4.  I think the chickens came before the egg, because God created the animals and the egg would have never hatched if another chicken had not sat on it. 

And a side note to the chickens.  Their feathers actually absorb more oil than human hair.  The people that clean up oil-spills in the open waters use feathers.  My students are pretty creative.

5.  Common household magnets, if left on gift cards, cds, and memory stick drive, will not erase the data.  Aren't my 5th graders smart?  She did not test the super strong magnets.

6.  Why did it take 7 full days to get my cute new planner from New Jersey to Mississippi?  Merlin's pants!  I could have driven there and back faster than that!  ( I have been wanting to  say "Merlin's Pants" for some time now.  I love Harry Potter!)

7.  According to Facebook intelligence, my first name peaked in popularity in 1961.  That is a full 10 years before I was born.  But my parents scored a B- in creativity.

8.  Mentadent works better at getting stains off your teeth than the expensive Rembrant.
    We are going to ROCK the science fair.




 I am having issues placing pictures.  I can't get them side by side.






9.  I took a Doo-Wop music quiz today.  It was 30 questions and I only missed 3.  My parents were about 8 or 9 years old when this was going on.  I am proud of myself for that.




10.  Whether you know it or not, real plankton look like Plankton off Sponge-Bob, and they are all in Mobile Bay.  More of them congregate in open waters than by beachy areas and stream outlets.  Thanks for that visual kiddo.  Microscopic roaches in water - (((VOMIT))).




Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment